......

......
I want to be that mother who can stand up and say I am a strong confident mother and I know what is best for my children. We breastfeed and co sleep, We listen, We include, We eat chocolate and snot smoothies, we trampoline and grow frogs, we sling, we carry and we try and understand and work with our children without resorting to punishments, threats or coercion.

Sunday 3 March 2013

Day after Joy Day

My children have decided to wake up two hours earlier than they normally would. Oh Joy!! The girls were happy. I stayed in bed. They ate their graze box and watched cartoons.

I decide to go to a funeral. Oh Joy!! The girls were happy at home still watching cartoons.

We went to a crappy pound shop for the girls to spend their pocket money and Ellie buys something that I had just bought for both as a surprise for them to share in the morning. Oh Joy!! The girls were happy.

I decided to try an alternative today and didn't take my iPhone out with me. Oh Joy!!

We decide to go to the germ infested pee smelling soft play place that the girls frequented in their youth. Oh Joy!! The girls were happy. So was hubby who played with Millie. I had no iPhone and had to read a crappy fashion 'be thin be happy fight your demons be strong but be thin doing it' type magazine. Then I chased the girls round on my hands and knees (which I haven't done for over a year) till my wrists went numb.

Went to family for evening tea. Was reminded its hubby's birthday in THREE bloody days. Three. Shit. Looks like another year of handmade cards by the kids and pizza. There was chocolate cake. Oh Joy! The girls were happy. So was hubby.

Came home made glow fairy's in a jar that looked nothing like the picture and ingested a tiny bit by accident and can't get rank taste out of mouth. Oh Joy! The girls were happy.

Fell asleep at 8pm. Woken at 10pm for milk. Watched a few funny programs. Ate pizza and chocolate. Oh Joy! I was quite happy today. Mostly.



Happy. Happy. Joy. Joy.





Meltdowns - none
Losing the plot - kept in check. Pretty much.
Breastfeeding - in soft play. Aahhhh it's been a while!! I kinda missed it. Nothing like the mix of smelly feet and pee to enjoy your meal with.





No comments:

Post a Comment