......

......
I want to be that mother who can stand up and say I am a strong confident mother and I know what is best for my children. We breastfeed and co sleep, We listen, We include, We eat chocolate and snot smoothies, we trampoline and grow frogs, we sling, we carry and we try and understand and work with our children without resorting to punishments, threats or coercion.

Friday 27 March 2015

Intermittent willpower

Who has tried the intermittent fasting.....tell me your experiences and tips?


I tried the Paleo way of eating last year and found it hard to sustain the no grains thing (and the constant cooking thing!) I like cous cous. I like bread. I like quinoa. I like noodles. I'm not overly excited with most rice (except fried) and pasta DOES bloat me.....oh also the no sugar was really really hard but I'm going to have to get on that.  Again!!



Several people have suggested the 5:2 intermittent fasting way of eating and so I'm going to try it. Combined with less processed more 'real cooked from scratch foods' and actually really starting to cut down on my chocolate intake, not just pretend I am by spreading it thro the day more, this might work for me. 




Mercola suggests 11am-7pm. That sounds slightly more doable than ALL FRIKIN' DAY!!   I find it hard to eat in the mornings anyway but if I wait for hubby to come home and the kids to be in bed then it's nearly 10pm!!  

Day 3 of all eating together was refused by all the girls. Hubby loved his. He may have also knowingly and willingly eaten courgette but I didn't double check!!! 

This article was in my inbox today and even tho I said a while back, that I feel one step closer to death every time I read Mercola, I decided to keep subscribed.  A part of me knows he makes some sense. I don't read them all now but I opened this one tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment