......

......
I want to be that mother who can stand up and say I am a strong confident mother and I know what is best for my children. We breastfeed and co sleep, We listen, We include, We eat chocolate and snot smoothies, we trampoline and grow frogs, we sling, we carry and we try and understand and work with our children without resorting to punishments, threats or coercion.

Saturday 25 October 2014

Scary? Spooky? FUN!!!

I'm delighted the girls knew where the Halloween decorations were amongst the half unpacked boxes from moving in and the half packed boxes from moving out. I was going to give it a miss this year. I'm usually all up for it and love it more than them but I wasn't in the mood to search. I'm not really in the mood for any of it. The costumes. The sweetie buying. The going out. I'm psyching myself up to get on with it just for the girls sake. 





The decorations can't be hung from the ceilings as in previous years as we can't risk anything that would cause the landlord to have a conniption fit and charge us for supposed damage. So we stuck them to windows and other surfaces of furniture that's ours. I think it's less cool not hanging down over their heads, but they don't seem to mind.  It also resulted in a wee arts and crafts time as the girls made some more to add to the collection.



Part of me still gets a horrible flashback to the Halloween where social services turned up to assess us over some ridiculous nonsense and made veiled references to the decorations being too scary and were they perhaps a bit grown up for them!! I practically laughed in their faces. Halloween = Scary decorations!!!!! Well it does in our home where the girls love scary and freaky and all things spooooooooky!!



I was pleased we found and did them because I feel it's important that things carry on the way they always have to give the girls security and continuity and enjoyment amidst the chaos and uncertainty. 

The girls are happily playing werepuppy and puppyghosts amidst their supply decorations. It's all good!








Meltdowns - increasing
Losing the Plot - so so hard to hold it in
Breastfeeding - she is cutting down, I'm noticing it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment