......

......
I want to be that mother who can stand up and say I am a strong confident mother and I know what is best for my children. We breastfeed and co sleep, We listen, We include, We eat chocolate and snot smoothies, we trampoline and grow frogs, we sling, we carry and we try and understand and work with our children without resorting to punishments, threats or coercion.

Monday 25 August 2014

....and then you go and spoil it all by saying something stupid....


Farmer John came by today, first time I've spoken to him since the field debacle. The field was mowed and the grass removed by the best looking machines! I stood and watched them for ages. So hypnotic!!

He pointed out that he had nailed our birdhouse in place against the wind which I thought was unusually  sweet of him. I hadn't even noticed!

Then, in his usual way, he made grumpy comments about our garden needed sorting, grass mowed hedges cut etc. I asked if he had seen the work I had done, weeding and wood chipping. He seemed unimpressed. Pah! *I'm* impressed with my work even if he isn't!!


Then he starts on about the girls going up the road on their bikes and how they shouldn't be and how the boys on the tractors go really fast and he went on and on about it again (he mentions it every time I see him).  I suggested he speak to his boys and remind them that there are kids out playing and I'll speak to my girls again. I know he is just worried for their safety but I am not curbing my kids freedom just to placate him. It's a relatively quiet country road which leads to a country estate a few miles down so it's not a through road to anywhere. They are only going less than half a mile to a friends farm. The girls know to keep to the side and be vigilant. I believe they are old enough to manage and this nanny state that we live in where mums are going to be prosecuted for leaving their kids to play in a play park is becoming completely ridiculous.

Anyway, back to Farmer John. It was all going so well and then he goes and spoils it all by asking if we've sorted a gate yet to lock the kids in!!!

I calmly said well actually, I think we've changed our mind about a gate and they are not animals to be fenced in!!


Meltdowns - none!
Losing the Plot - none, the tractors hypnotised me and calmed me down!!
Breastfeeding - as ever



gathering the grass....












raking the grass.......

No comments:

Post a Comment