......

......
I want to be that mother who can stand up and say I am a strong confident mother and I know what is best for my children. We breastfeed and co sleep, We listen, We include, We eat chocolate and snot smoothies, we trampoline and grow frogs, we sling, we carry and we try and understand and work with our children without resorting to punishments, threats or coercion.

Wednesday 2 July 2014

I think I broke Summer

The first day of Summer went amazingly well.  We all managed to get out and to the train station (on time) and get ourselves to the Country Park.  We had enough food that it didn't matter about the refused food.  The weather was beautiful and I even managed to hold off Maia's incessant repeating nagging to go to the play park whilst we enjoyed natures play park. We didn't get home until 5pm.

We were DOING summer. It was happening!!!

We were all on track for the second day and a trip to the West End for a lovely singing event in the park.  I was feeling really good about our abilities to get out and do summer stuff. I didn't even care that lunch was basically fruit.  I was actually starting to look forward to our many planned and unplanned days.  Clearly I was being too smug about it all because BAM! I crashed into the car in front.


After copious amounts of swearing, I checked everyone was ok, which they were thank G-d. I checked the car which wasn't and swapped details with the lovely other driver.  Three older people. Oh shit, I hope I didn't break their summer too.  I then called hubby to come and rescue us and broke down crying.

We needed the car for moving house at the weekend.  I was supposed to pick up the keys from a few towns over.  We have a gazillion boxes which we were going to start transporting. 

We needed the car to explore our new countryside.

We needed the car so we were not isolated in our new rural home.

We needed the car for our summer of busyness.

We are supposed to get a courtesy car, but there is currently a problem with a missing photo licence and also the car will be a very small one that doesn't take Riley (or lots of boxes).

It's all going to work out though, summer is still happening. There will be walking and buses and trains and more home days.  Today thought I'm feeling lacking in coping and ability to actually get going but....

It's all good.  



We also got to see the big big lorry take our car away which was pretty cool fun!




Meltdowns - none :)
Losing the Plot - yes.  quite a bit already :(
Breastfeeding - I need it to cut down, someone pass the message to the Millster

No comments:

Post a Comment