......

......
I want to be that mother who can stand up and say I am a strong confident mother and I know what is best for my children. We breastfeed and co sleep, We listen, We include, We eat chocolate and snot smoothies, we trampoline and grow frogs, we sling, we carry and we try and understand and work with our children without resorting to punishments, threats or coercion.

Wednesday 26 June 2013

Run up to summer


There are 5 days left of school. Last week I was rather excited with the prospect of another year of school being over. This week I'm already feeling quite unmotivated, really really tired and kind of overwhelmed with everyone's needs. I can't really muster up the enthusiasm for final week of school. The final push is upon us and I can't be bothered. 

BUT...

It will mean no more stressy mornings for a while of herding everyone up, dressed and out the door with something, anything (yes tobelerone is breakfast) in their tummies which will be amazing.

It will mean no more shouting at Ellie who has recently decided not to get into her seat so when I leave the driveway, she shrieks and freaks because she is not strapped in, doesn't have her school bag and forgot her shoes (school not gym), even though she has had plenty of time. 

It will mean no more 6 trips a day dropping and picking up various kids. In fact it will mean no more for at least two years!!!! Yes! Maia is going into primary one! It will be just Millie and I for the whole day!! I won't know what to do with myself!!! And no it's not time for another one.....yet!

It will mean no longer even attempting to make it to school on time. I can count on one hand the amount of times we've managed it. 

SO...

I'm looking forward to all of the above not happening. I'm looking forward to having more quality time with my girls. I guess, yes, I am looking forward to the summer!!

BRING IT ON!!

Just let me catch up on some sleep first and maybe get a wee massage before the full on full time wonderful holidays start!

YAY!!!




Meltdowns - frustrated due to tiredness ones
Losing the Plot - frustrated due to tiredness ones
Breastfeeding - too much for me at the moment, must be teeth






No comments:

Post a Comment