......

......
I want to be that mother who can stand up and say I am a strong confident mother and I know what is best for my children. We breastfeed and co sleep, We listen, We include, We eat chocolate and snot smoothies, we trampoline and grow frogs, we sling, we carry and we try and understand and work with our children without resorting to punishments, threats or coercion.

Monday 3 June 2013

Rewards and Punishments 6yr old logic

Discussing punishments and bribery in the car on the way home......


Ellie "I want a punishment. No wait a bribe. If we don't go on moshi monsters for a whole day you get us ice cream. Bribery is much better than punishment."

Me "I'm not going to use bribery to get you to do or not do something because then you will never do anything without a reward or because you want to"


Ellie almost crying "Nooooo, I want you to bribe me"

Me "Your reward is the knowledge that you are doing something through your own choice and we have a happy family because we are all helping each other"

Maia pipes up "If I don't go to the bank tomorrow, you'll get me ice cream, that's a bribe"

Me "We are not going to the bank tomorrow"

Ellie "So we can get ice cream then!"


Meltdown - because I won't bribe!
Losing the plot - huge bedtime one
Breastfeeding - owie bitey

No comments:

Post a Comment