......

......
I want to be that mother who can stand up and say I am a strong confident mother and I know what is best for my children. We breastfeed and co sleep, We listen, We include, We eat chocolate and snot smoothies, we trampoline and grow frogs, we sling, we carry and we try and understand and work with our children without resorting to punishments, threats or coercion.

Thursday 16 May 2013

Uh oh!! Ain't that the tooth!

In true Ellie style...tragedy, hopefulness and mind wandering....

Dear tooth fary my tooth fell out but I lost it down the plug         hole please give me £5 because that tooth




She's getting a pound. I showed this to hubby he said he'd give her £2!! I don't think that's necessary. 

We spent a long time and effort trying to retrieve it (I was sure I saw it down the hole not washed away yet). Thanks to our friends for keeping Millie out of the manky sink-pipe water and reading to the girls to keep them calm for bed since left to their own devices, they would have started more acrobatics!!

In all honesty, Ellie was happy to know she was still getting money  that the tooth fairy was still coming, it's me that wants to keep her baby teeth!!

I'm actually torn on the fantasy, magic and wonderment and the lie. On one hand they want to believe it and they do, but on the other, I hope they are not disappointed when they find out its not true not us. (Shhh don't tell anyone!) 

I do like how we've written responses and glittered them up, I'm all for artyfarty and pizazz, but surely elaborate lies can never be a good idea!!!

(At least we are not using it as a manipulation tool....if you're not a good boy Santa won't come, if you don't tidy your room, the tooth fairy won't come, if you don't eat your dinner you won't get any Easter eggs)

Thing is, we now have to do it in a similar fashion for all three kids!! 

Talk about all or nothing!! 

Couldn't we have just stuck to a simple quid under the pillow??!!

Meltdowns - very upset (understandably) at lost tooth
Losing the plot - maybe a bit, when computer fell off high shelf and almost hit Millie
Breastfeeding - SO tooooo much at moment


No comments:

Post a Comment