......

......
I want to be that mother who can stand up and say I am a strong confident mother and I know what is best for my children. We breastfeed and co sleep, We listen, We include, We eat chocolate and snot smoothies, we trampoline and grow frogs, we sling, we carry and we try and understand and work with our children without resorting to punishments, threats or coercion.

Wednesday 10 April 2013

Keeping busy

I've decided to keep as busy as possible this week but its completely exhausting me! Millie is keeping me awake for a lot of the night due to teething, so when morning turns up every day, I want to crawl back under the covers and cry.

Monday we spent the day at Loch Lomond for Nurture in Nature. It was a remarkably uneventful non-stressy and very lovely day even with the dog doing his business all over Queen St. train station. It was the first time on a bus and a train for Millie which added to the excitement.

Tuesday I went to my new singing class. It was a small group this week. It had been a difficult morning. I cant sing for toffee but its always lovely to be with grown ups.

Today Maia refused nursery which was fine. We walked the dog and went to the shops then dropped in to check on an elderly neighbour from our old house. All so normal and easy! I was meant to pick a friend up to come over for lunch so I decided to stay in the area rather than go home, so I called another friend to see if she was around. We ended up spending a perfect couple of hours with them in their community garden. 

They are trying to initiate an amazing project which is currently running in other parts of the country whereby the council close a few surrounding roads for a couple of hours a month to let the kids play safely. . Maia helped leaflet drop to the surrounding flats regarding an upcoming meeting whilst I sat in the community garden watching Millie be explorative and adventurous.


The great thing about keeping busy this week is only being home during the day for a few hours before hubby comes home!! I'm not feeling overwhelmed with housework or many children's needs and wants. I am actually having real conversations and the fresh air is brilliant for all of us.

We're running out of people to meet though, are you free!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment