......

......
I want to be that mother who can stand up and say I am a strong confident mother and I know what is best for my children. We breastfeed and co sleep, We listen, We include, We eat chocolate and snot smoothies, we trampoline and grow frogs, we sling, we carry and we try and understand and work with our children without resorting to punishments, threats or coercion.

Sunday 3 March 2013

Sunday's stress free?

Children decided again that 6am was a good time to get up.......this is a totally new and seriously crappito development.  I crawled into their room and closed the door till 10am.  Thank you hubby. Wake to the rising upset of two hungry, not had breakfast yet, children dismantling the bookcase in the study???

In a deviation from the norm, I decide to do some errands and shopping at the Avenue (local shopping centre) without any children!!! I'm not that keen on shopping really but it was pretty great to be completely unhindered and unharangued for three hours!! Didn't use time to do a food shop which we sort of need, instead took back some boots and finally spent my birthday book token (from November!!).  Bought the new Stephen Biddulph book, Raising Girls.

In an uncharacteristic display of organisedness, stopped at local pool on way home to pay for Spring break swimming lessons.  The girls have been asking to go again ever since their lessons last year. Grandma paid half...thank you Grandma!

Once home, I let hubby off the hook whilst he goes for a much needed sloph and the girls CHOOSE to turn off the cartoons and go play outside with the neighbourhood kids! Millie hickeyknoukies (basically whines and gripes) on me for the rest of the afternoon whilst I fret about my kids unique social style which is SO wasted on these kids. I mean who wouldn't want to jump on a tramampoline as a mermaid (two legs in one trouser/tight leg).

All in all a fairly stress free day.  The Pot pills seem to be working! That and the 3hr break! Oh and NO housework at all.  This week should be fun...NOT!



Meltdowns - none that I've been party to!
Losing the Plot - none
Breastfeeding - three teeth erupting which explains A LOT

No comments:

Post a Comment