......

......
I want to be that mother who can stand up and say I am a strong confident mother and I know what is best for my children. We breastfeed and co sleep, We listen, We include, We eat chocolate and snot smoothies, we trampoline and grow frogs, we sling, we carry and we try and understand and work with our children without resorting to punishments, threats or coercion.

Thursday 13 December 2012

Is it worth it?

45mins to get dressed and out
30mins outside
45mins (at least) of which was spent in meltdown mode

Was it worth it?
You bloody tell me!

The girls have been ill since the dawning of time and we haven't been out the house for days. I tried my very very very hardest to remain calm and upbeat and keep it an enjoyable event. Sometimes though, there is nothing stopping you meltdown and me plot losing.

You know we are going out. You see we are getting dressed. I helped you get your vest and jumper on. You chose not to wear extra stuff. I helped you get your snow trousers on. You chose to watch more of the film. You heard me say lets go and you got your boots on. I helped you get your coat on. You refused help to zip it up. You decided not to wear a hat. You chose to watch some more of the film

You CANNOT then turn round and have a meltdown because I leave the house. But you do. After spending the last 45minutes getting everyone ready to go out you cannot also say that you didn't know we were going. But you do.

You haven't got your gloves on and you want me to come back in and pick them up off the floor, and you refuse to come out until I pick them up and put them on for you. Shrieking all the time.

I have Millie in the sling on my front, we are wearing three million layers and I can't bend properly. I can't do front carry for long these days as it pulls too much but I wanted to see Millie's face (she's not well I want to keep an eye on her comfort and temp levels)

Yes I'm going to lose the plot at that point and start walking away thus making it clear I am NOT going to do this one for you. Yes I am muttering and raving about yet another trip turning into a difficulty.

Even tho I then do help to put them on you, once you have picked them up and followed me outside, you cannot then have another meltdown and whinge that I didn't help you get dressed and you are cold. I did help. A lot. Just because your sister has three pairs of socks on and you don't, doesn't mean I love her more. She put them on herself.

Not to mention the complaining that there wasn't enough ice. Then pushing your sister off the only frozen puddle

So I ask you again. Was it worth it?

Well. The dog got some exercise. First time in 3days. So it was worth it for the dog. We all got some fresh air. So that can't be bad. Some of the water balloons have frozen, so that was cool.

I know how many layers to put them in tomorrow.


Course it was worth it!!!  < Weary smiley .>






Meltdown - seriously annoying and unjustified
Losing the plot - could have been worse but wasn't pretty. Acknowledged my meanness.
Breastfeeding - not outside. Not today anyway.



No comments:

Post a Comment