......

......
I want to be that mother who can stand up and say I am a strong confident mother and I know what is best for my children. We breastfeed and co sleep, We listen, We include, We eat chocolate and snot smoothies, we trampoline and grow frogs, we sling, we carry and we try and understand and work with our children without resorting to punishments, threats or coercion.

Friday 12 October 2012

One of The Magical Stages


I never wanted to wish Millie's life away, but oh my I couldn't wait till she could sit up by herself.  This 'in arms' phase really kicked my butt (as they say).  I am not getting any younger.  My back certainly wasn't.  And neither were my other two lively needy kids!! 

3months old whilst mummy's on toilet!
I really love the idea of the Ground Touching Ceremony that many cultures have but realistically, in this insular society, Millie was surely out of my arms, and on the floor,  during that time.  As much as she was 'The Baby That Must Be Held', there were times when I was 'The Mummy That Needs To Go' and she was laid on a towel or on the sofa for a few minutes before she wailed to be picked up.  There was nothing wrong with her 'fear of mastodon attack' instinct, that's for sure!




So now that Millie is finally sitting up on her own here are a few things she can do!  It really has opened up a whole new world for both of us.: -



EC'ing on the potty

Baby Led Weaning with dog

Shower with Ellie

Bath with Maia




















1 comment:

  1. It was reading your other post and got a kick out of the video of vthe girls playing. What is it wih kids and their liking to put babies in boxes? My dd does it to her brother :)

    ReplyDelete