......

......
I want to be that mother who can stand up and say I am a strong confident mother and I know what is best for my children. We breastfeed and co sleep, We listen, We include, We eat chocolate and snot smoothies, we trampoline and grow frogs, we sling, we carry and we try and understand and work with our children without resorting to punishments, threats or coercion.

Friday 12 October 2012

Did that just happen!

Did I just pee, almost at the same time, my 4yr old and my 4month old back to sleep all with practically no crying, no protesting and no boob and in less than ten minutes??!!

Millie cried for me cos I was downstairs (Don't do it often because I still feel weird leaving her, even with Maia beside her) but I managed to settle her so fast by holding her and telling her she had a nappy on and made the pss pss sound and she went back to sleep within minutes on my shoulder and whilst i was doing that, i noticed that Maia was holding her pee in and I persuaded her she would need to go to the toilet. I laid Millie down expecting her to cry cos I wasn't holding her and she stayed asleep!! I then persuaded Maia to get out of bed and walk herself. No protest or dropping on floor to be carried. She must get it now, that I can't carry her that far. (Barry usually does nighttime peeing of the older girls now.) I semi-helped her but she woke herself up enough to negotiate the bed and what have you. I gave her a little help onto the toilet and I said you jump back into bed and before I could get to her, she was already asleep!!

It's taken me longer to write this than it has to pee them!!

(Ellie didn't really stir so I didn't try her. I fully expect Millie to wake again (not just because she is a baby but she has a cold and cant breathe properly) and half expect Ellie to wet the bed, she has earache)

Either they are all coming down with something and need sleep or they are knackered and need sleep or they have been swapped by clones and need sleep.

I think everyone is sleeping where they 'need' to tonight. Barry needs sleep so he is in their bed!! The girls need cosleeping connection so they are with me. I need to finish watching this comedy before Millie wakes again!

Phew nighttime parenting! What fun!


Meltdowns - All quiet on Western front
Losing the Plot - not tonight!
Breastfeeding - strangely not needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment