......

......
I want to be that mother who can stand up and say I am a strong confident mother and I know what is best for my children. We breastfeed and co sleep, We listen, We include, We eat chocolate and snot smoothies, we trampoline and grow frogs, we sling, we carry and we try and understand and work with our children without resorting to punishments, threats or coercion.

Friday 3 August 2012

Two ways my life is a tiny bit easier



you can hardly tell!!
 I have being doing two things over the past few months that have in their own way made my life easier.  They are not ideal and I'm sure they will be temporary...at least until the girls are able to sort their own clothes more  but from now on this is what I am doing.  

I used to like to hang all their clothes up, it was easier for them to choose and saved on ironing! Now,  with there being twice, well thrice as many (with nappies and baby gros)  I was just spending an inordinate amount of time putting their clothes away, only for there to be a ton more the next day and the next and the next... I worked out that its the washing of them that creates it!!!  Anyway I have downsized my effort in that area!! So, now, instead of hanging up every item of clothing I chuck them on their respective bunk beds.  They don't sleep there anyway so its not really a problem.  

We've turned it into a game called parachute pants.  In the old house it was trampoline pants (Ellie, as a toddler would jump on the trampette and tried to catch underwear and tights and then she'd throw them in their drawers.)  

Parachute pants just consists of them throwing the clothes at me which I then throw on the bed.  We don't play it every time but it is a great way to get help without nagging!!

The other thing I have been doing isn't as effective but it sure does save time and is greatly satisfying to just tip! Occasionally a child will sort it...



No comments:

Post a Comment