......

......
I want to be that mother who can stand up and say I am a strong confident mother and I know what is best for my children. We breastfeed and co sleep, We listen, We include, We eat chocolate and snot smoothies, we trampoline and grow frogs, we sling, we carry and we try and understand and work with our children without resorting to punishments, threats or coercion.

Wednesday 22 August 2012

So many questions too many answers





Sometimes I don't know what to say


Sometimes I am asked a question and I can't work out what the answer is or I know what the answer should be but can't work out how to say it in a way that is ethically morally factually supportively politically genuinely beautifully inclusively lovingly connectedly correct or optimal.

Here's a simple inconsequential question:-

"Did you bring the strawberry plant as we weren't sure who it was from?"

Here is how I didn't answer:-

"Hmm if that's what the plant in the pot was, that I said could be dead, then yes!! "

"If it was in the bag with the dog piece of paper with the Jewish blessing on it and looked mostly dead then yes!!!"

"Was it half dead looking? I'm not sure what that one was, it was a cutting from my mum for my garden but I didn't get round to planting it. "


"I don't know what the small dead looking plant in the small pot was"


"Was it in the bag with two tallish hedge type plants and the dog blessing, well not an actual dog blessing lol!! The blessing for Ruben written on a dog shaped piece of paper!! "

"We brought two tallish hedge type plants and a small pot of something that is probably dead and it was in a bag with the blessing for Ruben in it"

Nothing really works. However I answer it it just doesn't fit the criteria of a suitable answer.

You can see the problem.


No question asked by my children is inconsequential. Everything is important to them.


So...my question is always:

How to answer to the full capacity of my knowledge whilst not destroying the soul, the joy, the integrity of a four and five year old.

Sometimes all I should say is I don't know go and ask your dad.




Meltdowns - minimizing
Losing the Plot - too tired to summon energy
Breastfeeding - lots and lots and lots and lots

No comments:

Post a Comment