......

......
I want to be that mother who can stand up and say I am a strong confident mother and I know what is best for my children. We breastfeed and co sleep, We listen, We include, We eat chocolate and snot smoothies, we trampoline and grow frogs, we sling, we carry and we try and understand and work with our children without resorting to punishments, threats or coercion.

Wednesday 25 July 2012

Perfect mother I love thee so


I have never said I don't shout. I try not to. I have never said I dont lose it. I try not to. I do say I don't bribe, punish or threaten. Sometimes I do...this is how it goes:-


"I am going to threaten you right now ok?"
"ok"
"if we don't brush your hair, you can't go swimming"
"no I want a bribe"
"ok if we brush your hair you can go swimming"

She let me brush her hair. First time in months!

I never said I was perfect!




Meltdowns - mini ones all over the shop
Losing the Plot - massive ones all over the shop
Breastfeeding - all the time all over the shop, the street, the kitchen, the car, you get the idea

No comments:

Post a Comment