......

......
I want to be that mother who can stand up and say I am a strong confident mother and I know what is best for my children. We breastfeed and co sleep, We listen, We include, We eat chocolate and snot smoothies, we trampoline and grow frogs, we sling, we carry and we try and understand and work with our children without resorting to punishments, threats or coercion.

Monday 25 July 2011

Dollshouse

I have really wanted to get the girls a dollshouse for ages but they are mega expensive for my design tastes.  So I then really wanted to make them one and had this grandios idea of doing it with real wood and from scratch.  I tried to encourage/persuade Barry to do it but to no avail.  So then I decided to just go for it, after someone suggesting using a bookcase and someone else suggested shoe boxes.  



I thought for a bit about bookcase, I looked on some roadsides for throwaways and I am still checking skips for my next attempt, but I was itching to get started for fear my motivation might wane, so on the way home on Saturday, I ran into a shoe shop and asked for some boxes!  I got 4, all different sizes! 






 I  went about making this a bit backwards but it was really fun actually!!





















Meltdowns - in a dollshouse!
Losing the Plot - in a dollshouse!
Breastfeeding - in a dollshouse!

No comments:

Post a Comment