......

......
I want to be that mother who can stand up and say I am a strong confident mother and I know what is best for my children. We breastfeed and co sleep, We listen, We include, We eat chocolate and snot smoothies, we trampoline and grow frogs, we sling, we carry and we try and understand and work with our children without resorting to punishments, threats or coercion.

Saturday 1 May 2010

Three reasons

It's one of those mornings where if you are a company trying to sell me something, it is a REALLY good idea NOT to call the house.  Clearly the finance company that has been calling me ALL week and hanging up when I get there, didn't get my memo.  So when they tried again today I called back and spoke to a man called Harry...very nice Harry...just doing his job Harry...."you can't keep calling me and hanging up, I have two kids under the age of three at home, Harry.  You need to stop doing it, just stop doing it, take me off your system Harry.  Harry you NEED to take me off your system.  Take me off your system NOW".  It wasn't until my husband very quietly piped up 'oh they might be able to help us' that I changed focus to him and his inability to let me know a little bit sooner.  Lovely Harry...sort out our financial predicament and I promise not to shout at you again.

There are two possible reasons for feeling this antsy, ok maybe three. The first is a more long term issue and involves me thinking that come Saturday I might be able to switch off a little bit more than normal because Barry is home.  Invariably though, he also takes the opportunity to organise household stuff and basically I just need to lower my expectations and remember that hey I did get a lie in, even if it was a feeding lie in with Maia

The second reason is we had a massive argument last night.  How come its ok for the girls to says 'I don't want to' (help) but not for me?  We are raising free thinking conscious girls who will, I hope, eventually offer help or give help because they want to, not because I want them to or they feel obligated to or guilty not to.  The reality is though, if someone asks for help and doesn't get it......its really irksome.

The third reason is my period is due.

All these reasons a TOTALLY and COMPLETELY valid and I challenge anyone to state otherwise.

Meantime, I am going shopping and buying chocolate.  If you see me, smile or hug me but don't disagree with me.  And yes that is my kids running wild through lidl picking everything up exploring, don't they look happy and care free?


meltdowns 2
losing the plot 1
breastfeeding always

1 comment:

  1. It was a good argument last night ... I needed help as Ellie had wet the bed and it needed changing, and she wanted comforting, and instead of doing both of these things myself I called for Miri, but she refused help... up until now neither of us had ever refused help just because we felt like not helping.

    It's good to raise free thinkers but we both believe in social responsibility. Miri is often annoyed that other people won't help... it all doesn't quite fit the "I won't help somebody who needs it, even though I could, just because."

    ReplyDelete